Sunday 19 February 2012

So I've had quite the introverted week!
One of my friends is never going to let me live this one down so I might as well tell the world about it!

I had to go to the school and meet with the librarian to pick out some books that my son won at the book fair.  Meeting new people is one of the things that makes me uncomfortable... sometimes to the point of forgetting all that I have ever learned about social graces!!!!!!


Picture this: I walk into the school and speak with the secretary, buy milk tickets and asked her where I could find the librarian.  She told me and I proceeded to the library.  Once in the library, I announced myself and a teacher, wearing an old sweatshirt and jeans said: "Oh, Hi Toucan!"  I continued with my conversation with the librarian which got very complicated... On my way out of the school, I thought to myself: "What were you thinking?  That was your friend and you didn't even say HI in return!  She's going to wonder what is wrong with you????"

Yes, my friend said HI and I just turned and walked away with the librarian. 

I did that.

Unless you have had that single-minded focus that drives an introvert by an extroverted task, you are probably wondering what is wrong with me.  Well, there is nothing wrong with me.  I'm just built this way.  It's hard to explain.  The next time that I have to meet with the librarian, it will be easier for me because I will have met her before and maybe I will remember her name.  The whole time I was in the library, my focus was: talk to the librarian, pick out books and get out.  No where in that equation was say Hi to friend.  Therefore, brain did not compute!!!! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

   

2 comments:

  1. That is a really funny story :-) Can't say it's happened to me, but I do know that when people are preoccupied or have a lot on their I DS, think gs like this can happen. Don't beat yourself up over this. It can happen to any of us :-)

    I'm sure your friend thinks it's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be "have a lot on their minds" :-) I can't type on my Tablet without making typos!

    ReplyDelete