Thursday 2 February 2012

Key lime pie recipe

I've been asked for my Key Lime Pie recipe.  I based it on a recipe called Puny's Lemon Pie from Jan Karon's Mitford Cokbook and Kitchen Reader. 

8oz cream cheese
14oz sweetened condensed milk
6oz frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1/4cup fresh lime juice
1 prepared graham crust
1cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
zest of one lime

In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and the condensed milk until smooth. Add the limeade and lime juice and mix well.  Spoon the filling into the pie crust and chill until set.  Whip the cream and add the confectioner's sugar until stiff peaks form. Top the pie with the whipped cream.  Garnish with the zest of one lime.
Enjoy.

Now, I'm supposed to attempt adding a picture.  Unfortunately I haven't made a new key lime pie and I don't seem to have any pictures of the key lime tarts I made a while back... So now my task is to find an appropriate picture to add to this post.

  Voila!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! This is a fabulous recipe! I can attest to that! ;) When's the next key lime date?

    ReplyDelete