Wednesday 20 June 2012

Clothesline for dummies

Last week, I loaded the clothesline and headed out on errands/lunch. I came home to the clothesline on the ground and the clean clothes slightly damp.... Yes, after approx 7 years, it gave up and split. The next day, I was in the hardware store so I picked up some new line. Today, Hubby and I got the clothesline threaded through the wheels and all attached. One problem, the join is at the top. Big mistake... You can't have a wheelie-thingamajig to hold the clothesline together so that it doesn't drag the clothes on the ground. Oops. So I took all the laundry that was on the line and tried to take the connector off and reattach it on the lower section. No can do. My grip strength is lacking in that regard. Lovely. Must now let laundry sag until it is dry and then after supper, get Hubby to help. Lesson learned. For posterity: I need 150 feet of clothesline.

1 comment:

  1. :) I love all your tid bits of life on the farm. We still need to get our line up. The one I have is that umbrella type one out back. Not as convenient as an actual clothesline!

    ReplyDelete